The 2017 foundation board renewal process has finished. We are happy to anounce that the new board is composed by:
- Axel Braun from Germany
- Jonathan Levy from the United States of America
- Korbinian Preisler from Germany
- Nicolas Évrard from Belgium
- Pedro Luciano Rossi from Argentina
- Sebastián Marró from Argentina
- Sergi Almacellas Abellana from Spain
Congratulations to Nicolas Évrard as he became the second president of the Tryton foundation board.
It is already 5 years that our current board is running the Foundation. It is time to renew it! The current board has to co-opt new directors based on candidatures. The candidates must apply here before the 30th September 2017.
The Foundation needs to be founded to pursue its missions, so do not forget to checkout our budget for 2017.
The Foundation has decided to publish a budget for 2017. This is the result of requests from the community will to know what are the plans of the Foundation. Of course as the revenue of the Foundation relies only on donation, we can not guarantee that every things will be realized. Indeed we have ordered the points by priority. Each point will be activated once we have we reach its donation level.
Here are the donations from 2017.
- 500€: Infrastructure (rental and maintenance of servers).
- 750€: Miscellaneous management fees.
- 2250€: Redesign of the website by a professional.
- 3250€: Creation of the missing icons by a designer.
- 5250€: Organization of first hackathon by inviting key developers for a week-end.
You can help the Foundation by making a donation.
It's time to plan the fifth TUx and put a capital letter in the x.
The Tryton Foundation is calling for community members (individuals or organizations) that want to establish a local team and host our 2015 global event in November.
Previous editions have taken place in Belgium, Spain and Germany.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have time until 30th April.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us on the tryton@ mailing list .
After more than a year of preparation, the Tryton Foundation is now official and fully operational. It is a Belgian private foundation, hence it is designated to pursue a specific disinterested purpose. The missions of the foundation are:
- Develop and support conferences, meetings and community activities,
- hold and administer the tryton.org infrastructure,
- organize the community of supporters,
- and manage and promote the Tryton trademark.
The initial board of manager is composed by: Albert Cervera i Areny, Bertrand Chenal, Nicolas Évrard, Cédric Krier, Sebastián Marró, Udo Spallek and Sharoon Thomas.
The foundation is already accepting donations, so if you rely on the Tryton project please help the foundation to pursue its missions.
The supporters candidacies are opened since last week.The role of the supporter assembly is to represent the Tryton community inside the foundation.
All those information are gathered on http://foundation.tryton.org/. This page will evolve over time and will welcome the list of supporters and donators.