News from Development
Posted: 2013-02-18 12:00:00+00:00
Lire en français
Llegeix-ho en català
Auf Deutsch lesen
Beri v slovenščini
Leer en español
| More posts about
Here are some changes recently landed in the development branch of Tryton that
will be available on the next release.
- Now the default language stored in database overrule the default language of
the configuration file. This allows to have a multi-database server with
different default languages.
- The (Field, Operator, Operand) in record rules has been replaced by a
plain standard domain. This change shows a speed-up increase of 30% on
running the unit test suite.
- The API of the ModelStorage.create has been changed to use a list of
values. This allows to create many records in one call and takes advantage of
validation per bunch.
- A new kind of field has been added: Dict. This field allows to store a
dictionary for which the definitions of the keys are stored in the
- The selection_change_with attribute is added to the Selection and
Reference fields. It behaves like the on_change_with but it modifies
the list of selection values. The validation process takes care also of this
The filter box has been improved to allow:
In order to reduce the number of menu entries, a new concept is introduced:
the Tab Domain. This allows to define a set of tabs linked to a domain.
Switching from one tab to another, update the list of records according to
the domain. All the modules have been updated to take advantage of this
feature and remove the extra menu entries.
Users can now bookmark their own search.
The icon for URL widget can be dynamic.
The URL widget is available also on list view.
The menu favorites replaces the menu shortcut. The new design gives a better
A global search is now available. It allows to search over all the business
It is a new module to manage depreciation of fixed assets.
For now, only “linear“ depreciation method is available but the module is
designed to welcome new methods.
- A kind field has been added to Tax Group and Tax Rule with the
possible values: Sale, Purchase or Both. Each chart of account can use
them to ease tax selection.
- The workflow of the Invoice have been reviewed. Here's the result:
- In Cancel state the Move on the Invoice is deleted or cancelled.
- Draft Move for Supplier Invoice is created on validation. This gives
more accurate accounting report for those who use draft moves.
- The Proforma state is renamed into Validated to be more generic.
- The Opened state is renamed into Posted to be more coherent with the rest
of the software.
- A workflow has been added to Stock Move thanks to the new lightweight
workflow introduced in 2.4 series which no longer causes performance issues.
It is a new module to manage any set of attributes on Product by using the
new Dict field.