New Tryton release 4.2
Опубликовано: 2016-11-28 18:00:00+00:00
Lire en français
Read in English
Llegeix-ho en català
Auf Deutsch lesen
Beri v slovenščini
Leer en español
| Больше записей о
We are proud to announce the 4.2 release of Tryton.
With this release, Tryton extends its scope to tailored user applications like
Chronos and also as backend for webservice.
A part of the effort was put also on closing the feature gap between the web
and the desktop client. The web client is still a little bit behind in terms of
features but at the current rate the gap will disappear in few releases.
This release contains many bug fixes and performance improvements.
Polish is now an official language of Tryton.
Of course, migration from previous series is fully supported.
Major changes for the user
The tabs in list view can now have a counter showing to the user the number
of records under them. The feature is activated by default on tabs where the
number should tend to zero thus providing some hint to the user about pending
When creating a new record from the drop down menu of a relation, the form
will have the value entered in the field as default value. This helps the
user fill the form.
The buttons can now be configured to be clicked by a number of different
users before being triggered. The user can see on the button how many clicks
it already received and on the tooltip who clicked.
With the recent Neso retirement the database
management from the client has been removed. This improve the security of the
system by removing a potential attack vector.
It is now possible to define for each record a different color on the
calendar view. This allow to group records visually.
The icons of the relation field has been improved. The experiences have shown
that the old version had drawbacks which confused some users. The result was
that some users thought they were searching for a new record while actually
they were editing it.
As a result the editing button has now been put in on the left and a new
button to clear the current value has been put on the right of the field.
The web client completes its sets of functionalities in order to be closer to
desktop client. The new features implemented in this release are:
The CSV Import/Export.
The calendar view based on the FullCalendar.
Support for translated fields.
The Favorites menu.
The date picker is now locale aware.
Add support for column sorting.
Support for confirm attribute on the buttons.
A comparison amount has been added on Balance Sheet and Income Statement,
allowing the amounts to be compared with different date, fiscal year or
The second currency of account is now enforced, closing the gap between the
documentation and the code. Thus it is possible to compute the balance of
such accounts in the account currency.
The creation of a tax can be quite complex. To ease the process, a testing
wizard has been added allowing to see the result of the computation in order
to validate the definition of the tax.
- The payment term is no longer required. An invoice without payment term will
create a single due line at the invoice date.
- By default, the invoice reports are stored in the database when the invoice
is posted to ensure the immutability of the document. But on large setup with
a lot of invoices, the database becomes very huge and this can generate on
overload and a waste of space for the backups. So a new configuration option
has been added to store the invoice reports in the file store instead of the
The option can be activated on existing databases. If the report is not found
in the file store, the system will take the value found in the database as
- The process to post invoices has been reviewed in order to have better
performance when posting a large number of invoices.
- The tax identifier of the company is stored on the invoice. This is useful when
company has more than one identifier registered. By default, the system will
take the first one.
- A new group for Payment Approval has been added in order to have finer
grained access to the functionalities.
- The amount to pay of the invoice is now decreased by the amount of the
- It is now possible to block the payment of a line.
- It is possible to configure the module to always use the RCUR option for a
SEPA mandate, as this is allowed by the European Payment Council since
- A statement line for an existing payment will mark the latter as succeeded or
failed depending on the sign when the statement is validated. This ease the
management of the payment state as some banks credit the bank account first
and later if the payment fails, they debit it.
- The statement line can also refer to payment group instead of individual
payment. This is useful when the bank statement contains only one operation.
- Many redundant fields with the account lines have been removed on the line.
This simplifies the encoding and avoids mistakes.
- A new type of analytic account has been introduced for distribution.
The analytic lines will be divided when used with such account into many
lines accordingly to the distribution ratio defined per sub-accounts.
- The move line has now an analytic state which defines if the amount of the
line is correctly set in each analytic axis/roots. This applies by default
only on income lines. A menu entry allow to search for all lines that needs
- The analytic chart enforces now the company consistency. It is no longer
possible to attach an account to an axis of a different company.
- The supplier invoice for a depreciable asset does not create analytic lines
on posting. Indeed the analytic lines creation is postponed to depreciation
- A more generic address design has been added. It supports as many lines as
needed for the streets instead of the previous limitation of two lines. Also
the formatting of the address can be configured per country and language.
The formats for about 65 countries are preconfigured.
- A common problem with referential data like party is the duplication. It is
common that the same party ended to be created twice in the system. For such
issue, Tryton has now a wizard that allow to merge one party into another.
The merged party is inactivated to prevent new usage and the remaining one
inherits from all the documents. For example, the receivable amount will
contain the sum of both parties.
- SEPA Creditor identifier is now validated and unified into the party
- Phone numbers are automatically formatted now using the phonenumbers library.
- A new relate from products to variants has been added in order to ease the
navigation between them.
- As the payment term is no longer required on the invoice, the same applies
also to the purchase.
- It is now possible to create a purchase request without product. In such
case, a description is required and will be used for the creation of the
- When converting request into purchase, the requests containing the same
product with the same unit will be merged into the same purchase line. This
simplifies the purchase order.
A new module for managing purchase requisitions has been added. It allows users
to create their purchase requisitions which will be approved or rejected by a
member of the Approval group. On approval, purchase requests will be created.
- As the payment term is no longer required on the invoice, the same applies
also to the sale.
- A lead time can be configured for internal shipments between warehouses. In
such case the internal shipment uses a transit location during the time
between the shipping and the reception.
- A relate has been added to the location to show lots and their quantities
inside the location.
- The default location defined on the product is used in the output of
production. This unifies the behaviour of this feature with incoming
- The supply period of a supplier is configurable now. Before it was always 1
A new set of modules has been published. They provide integration with shipping
services for printing labels and store shipping references per packages of
Two services are currently supported UPS and DPD.
- It is possible to restrict the usage of carriers per country of origin and
destination. Other criteria can be easily added.
The carrier selection is already enforced by default on sales.
A Web-Extension named Chronos has
It allows to quickly encode timesheet entries using the new user application
API (see below). The application supports to work offline and synchronises
when the user is back online.
It will be available soon on the different browser markets.
It is now possible to define a start and an end date for the employees.
In such case, they will not be allowed to encode timesheet outside the
The work has be simplified by removing the tree structure. It was considered
redundant with the tree structure of the projects.
- The timesheet works are created automatically from the project form. This
simplifies the management of projects.
- Thanks to the new lead time per BoM and routing, start dates can be computed
for productions. This allows to have a better schedule of the production
needs for long running productions.
Following the work on previous versions, the production area has received two
new modules to extend its functionalities:
It allows to track the time spent per production work.
Similar to the stock_split module, this module allows to split a production
into several units.
Major changes for the developer
- The desktop client support GTK-3 thanks to the pygtkcompat module. The
support is still experimental and can be tested by setting GTK_VERSION=3 in
the environment. The plan is to switch completely to GTK-3 in one year.
- The server provides now a way to connect URL rules to a callable endpoint.
This feature comes with a set of wrappers to simplify the work of the
developer like instantiating the pool of the database name found in the URL
or start the transaction with automatic retry on operational error.
But the more interesting wrapper is the user_application which allows to
authenticate a user with a key for a specific sets of endpoints. This feature
allows to create applications that do not need to login on each use.
Chronos is an example of such application.
- The translations now support derivative languages. Most of the main language
has been renamed without their country code. This allowed the merge of all
the Latin American Spanish translations under one common language deriving
- It is now possible to configure Binary fields to store the data in file store
by setting the attribute file_id to the name of the char column which will
contain the file store identifier.
- A new level of access rights has been added targeting the buttons. It allows
to define how many different users must click on the button to actually
- It is possible to configure a different cache than the MemoryCache. It just
needs to define the fully qualified name of an alternative class in the cache
- A new widget has been implemented in the clients for the Char field that
stores PYSON expression. The widget displays a human readable representation
of the expression and uses an evaluated dump of the expression as internal
- The read-only states for the fields xxx2Many is now limited only to the
addition and suppression of records. The target records must manage
themselves the read-only state for edition. This behavior allows for example
to still edit the note field of a line of a validated sale while other fields
- To speed up the tests and especially the scenario, a new option has been
added that allows to store clean dumps of database (per module installed).
A dump will automatically be loaded instead of creating a new database, this
operation is way faster. Of course, the developer is responsible for clearing
the cache when the database schema definition has been modified.
- A new mixin has been added to generalize the common pattern of ordering
record with a sequence field. It is named sequence_ordered and can be
customized with the name and the label of the sequence field, the default
order and if null first must be used.
The login process has been reworked to be very customizable. It is now possible
to plug any authentication factors without the need to adapt the clients.
The authentication_sms module allows to send by SMS a code to the mobile
phone of the user that he will have to enter to proceed with the login.
The module web_user is the first of a new set of module which aims to provide
facilities to developers who want to use Tryton as backend for web development.