IRC logs of #tryton for Thursday, 2012-06-28

chat.freenode.net #tryton log beginning Thu Jun 28 00:00:01 CEST 2012
shalabhaggarwalHi, how can i install a module from proteus using xmlrpc in tryton 2.4?09:15
zenithhi guys, where can i found trytond.conf file?09:16
shalabhaggarwalzenith: http://hg2.tryton.org/2.4/trytond/file/7731de3f1eba/etc/trytond.conf09:23
cedkshalabhaggarwal: look at any scenario09:26
shalabhaggarwalcedk: i saw, but they are not done using xmlrpc, i.e., set_xmlprc but they are done using set_trytond09:29
cedkshalabhaggarwal: it is the same09:29
shalabhaggarwalit blows up saying: AttributeError: type object 'ir.module.module' has no attribute 'install'09:32
shalabhaggarwali see that the rpc methods have been removed from tryton 2.409:33
shalabhaggarwalhttp://hg2.tryton.org/2.4/trytond/file/7731de3f1eba/trytond/ir/module/module.py#l4609:33
shalabhaggarwalhttp://hg.tryton.org/2.0/trytond/file/3df676309a7a/trytond/ir/module/module.py#l4109:33
cedkshalabhaggarwal: so follow the way according the version you use09:34
shalabhaggarwalcedk: ok, then how do i call buttons using rpc?09:37
cedkshalabhaggarwal: as show in any scenario09:37
shalabhaggarwalcedk: tried again, works with set_trytond and not with set_xmlrpc09:40
cedkshalabhaggarwal: so fill an issue09:44
cedksharoonthomas: hi, where are you with the active record migration of calendar_todo?10:00
sharoonthomascedk: halfway :( it seems to be one of the most complex modules10:00
cedksharoonthomas: it is just like calendar10:01
sharoonthomascedk: in proteus you get the version of preoteus by importing proteus and python does it since there is a folder called proteus and it has an __init__.py10:48
sharoonthomascedk: but this __init__.py imports classes from other modules inside proteus and it happens before the dependencies are installed10:48
sharoonthomascedk: in this case setup.py will always break with an import error if dateutil is not installed before installing proteus10:49
sharoonthomascedk: http://hg2.tryton.org/2.4/proteus/file/181a9b5ad4b4/setup.py#l710:49
cedksharoonthomas: fill an issue10:50
sharoonthomascedk: if you have any suggestions on how to get around this, i can send a patch too10:50
sharoonthomascedk: what do you think of exception handling of ImportError around http://hg2.tryton.org/2.4/proteus/file/181a9b5ad4b4/proteus/__init__.py#l2310:51
cedksharoonthomas: no, it is a petty of package management in Python10:53
sharoonthomascedk: yep the worst part in python is packaging :)10:53
-!- pjstevns(~pjstevns@nfg3.nfgs.net) has left #tryton12:44
sharoonthomascedk: I am testing the production module, is there an extra module (or existing functionality) which will create production requests ?14:16
sharoonthomascedk: like purchase requests functionality ?14:16
cedksharoonthomas: production_supply14:18
sharoonthomascedk: thanks14:19
sharoonthomascedk: i am not able to find the module14:23
sharoonthomascedk: also the production module is there in 2.4 repo, but not in trunk14:23
cedksharoonthomas: http://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules/stock_supply_production/14:24
sharoonthomascedk: sory act that, thanks again14:24
sharoonthomascedk: i did not understand what you meant by your update on issue268815:49
cedksharoonthomas: don't use url but just the shortcut15:51
sharoonthomascedk: got it, thanks will do from future15:51
cedksharoonthomas: if we move one day the codreview...15:51
sharoonthomascedk: got it, we don't want links to be broken15:52
__efx__Hello16:14
__efx__I try to use the caldav with thunderbird16:14
__efx__I can add the calendar from thunderbird16:15
__efx__but when I cannot add events16:15
__efx__I got this response from the server16:15
__efx__localhost - - [28/Jun/2012 16:14:23] "REPORT /testNEW/Calendars/ HTTP/1.1" 207 -16:15
__efx__localhost - - [28/Jun/2012 16:14:23] "PROPFIND /testNEW/Calendars/Florin/ HTTP/1.1" 207 -16:15
__efx__does anyone have an Idea of what could be the problem16:16
ciupicrican the tryton client be used as a Point of Sale system where all I need to do is scan some barcodes then print a receipt?16:17
cedk__efx__: you don't have access right?16:22
cedkciupicri: not really, but maybe a wizard can do the job16:22
ciupicriok, thanks16:24
__efx__cedk: actually thunderbird does not complain when I enter the password16:24
__efx__but I can not see the events I added using the tryton client16:25
cedk__efx__: I mean on the calendar16:29
__efx__cedk: The calendar asked me for a username/password so I assume that yes I have the access right16:35
__efx__maybe the problem comes from thunderbird16:41
cedk__efx__: not necessary, you have access to the server by not sure about the calendar16:42
__efx__with a navigator I can access to localhost:8080/DBNAME/Calendars/ entering the username/password I gave to the calendar16:44
__efx__I added the access security tab of the calendar detail in the tryton client is that correct ?16:57
cedk__efx__: yeps17:01
__efx__cedk: and this kind of address for accessing the calendar looks ok : http://localhost:8080/testNEW/Calendars/test17:03
__efx__?17:03
__efx__cedk: I just noticed that my calendar version is the 2.4.1 and the calendar_scheduling is 2.4.0 could this cause trouble ?17:05
cedk__efx__: yes if your database is named "testNEW"17:05
cedk__efx__: no17:05
__efx__cedk: I also have an SQL error when I try to add a task17:06
__efx__cedk: * from the calendar (e.g. thunderbird)17:07
__efx__also after adding the calendar when I press the synchronisation button the trytond server starts an infinite loop (that don't stop even if I close thunderbird). The messages I got (~20 per second) are the following17:11
__efx__localhost - - [28/Jun/2012 17:09:41] "OPTIONS /testNEW/Calendars/ HTTP/1.1" 200 -17:11
__efx__localhost - - [28/Jun/2012 17:09:41] "PROPFIND /testNEW/Calendars/ HTTP/1.1" 207 -17:12
__efx__localhost - - [28/Jun/2012 17:09:41] "REPORT /testNEW/Calendars/ HTTP/1.1" 207 -17:12
__efx__localhost - - [28/Jun/2012 17:09:41] "PROPFIND /testNEW/Calendars/test/ HTTP/1.1" 207 -17:12
sharoonthomascedk: was looking into the problem shalabhaggarwal was talking about in the morning18:59
sharoonthomascedk: it seems the issue is that server.system.listMethods() does not return the methods not in the _rpc disctionary18:59
cedksharoonthomas: ha an buttons are not in _rpc19:13
sharoonthomascedk: yep19:14
cedksharoonthomas: could you fill an issue as shalabhaggarwal did not do it19:26
version2betacedk: I see that sale-opportunity is available for download, but not listed in the modules under 2.4. Is it recommended for production?22:30
cedkversion2beta: yes where is it missing?22:37
version2betaIt's not in the list on http://doc.tryton.org/2.4/.22:37
cedkversion2beta: because it doesn't have documentation22:37
version2betacedk: I see. Thank you. It's good to talk to you again, been a while since I got to try to sell a Tryton system. Very happy to be back.22:38
cedkversion2beta: yes that's great22:39
cedkversion2beta: it has been a lot of changes since22:39
cedkversion2beta: and also many new contributors22:40
version2betacedk: I get the emails and the software looks very good. And I've really tried to ramp up my programming skills over the last year. I look forward to working with Tryton.22:40
version2betacedk: I wonder, have you tried Openlab's Nereid? Or looked at it?22:41
cedkversion2beta: just had a quick overview22:42
cedkversion2beta: it looks promizing but I'm missing some modularity point that Tryton has22:43
version2betacedk: Have you seen enough to share an opinion? I don't wish to put you in - ah, thank you.22:44
cedkversion2beta: I already talked to sharoon about that22:45
version2betacedk: I can ask him, too. It's functionality I've advocated for, but as I've improved my programming I've leaned further toward json APIs. As I recall, you preferred that Tryton primarily provide JSON; a web framework beyond that was out of scope for the project. Is that a fair statement?22:48
cedkversion2beta: no, for a web client that will be similar to the GTK, I think it must talk json-rpc directly with the server22:50
cedkversion2beta: but for a e-commerce website, I think html templating is good enough22:51
version2betacedk: which part do you think should put the data in the template, a Tryton module or an external program communicating over json-rpc?22:52
cedkversion2beta: I guess a tryton module22:52
cedkversion2beta: what I miss in nereid is an inheritage of jinja template just like we have for views22:53
version2betacedk: I was curious about that. I like the Tryton module / Nereid approach and see a lot of benefit in small and mid size applications. But I think Sharoon has made it work on large scale too.22:53
version2betacedk: Oh, I can see where a Jinja2 integration would be a pretty thing to have!22:54
cedkversion2beta: yes I can imagine it can run on large scale22:54
version2betacedk: he's shown me an impressive setup, and we talked about how they were using Celery, Redis, and Mongo. I'm not familiar with all the details but what I saw looked great.22:56
cedkversion2beta: yes large setup needs some sort of caching22:57
version2betacedk: I'd be inclined now to consider how it could be done asynchronously.22:58
cedkversion2beta: what should be done asynchronously?23:00
version2betacedk: Most or perhaps all client interaction with the server. As I recall the GTK client and typically a web client would block while waiting for a result, isn't that correct?23:02
cedkversion2beta: mostly, but most of the time we need the result to allow any other actions23:08
cedkversion2beta: but the 2.4 client now let GTK process other events when waiting answer23:09
version2betacedk: oh, cool!23:09
cedkversion2beta: which gives the feeling of more responsiveness23:09
version2betacedk: One question my employer had when discussing the proposal I'm writing is who can do the work if I'm gone. Do you know if there are new people in the US working with Tryton? I know we can use Openlabs. What about B2CK?23:10
cedkversion2beta: we don't have office in US but of course we can work offshore23:14
version2betacedk: It's a relatively small project. I wonder if I could get an idea of what you charge per hour, if you work by the hour? Perhaps this discussion belongs on a private channel.23:15
cedkversion2beta: could you send me an email about it23:19
version2betacedk: yes of course. Thank you.23:20

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.11.0 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!