The Tryton Foundation is a private foundation (Fondation Privée) formed under the Belgian law. It aims to protect, promote and develop Tryton as Free Software.
Please, visit our donations page to learn more about how you can help the Foundation to keep going and who has already supported us.
ContactTryton Fondation Privée
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
Mission & Organization
What does the Tryton Foundation do?
The Tryton Foundation:
- aims to develop and support conferences, meetings and community activities,
- holds and administers the tryton.org infrastructure
- organizes the community of supporters,
- manages and promotes the Tryton trademark.
How is the foundation organized?
In the spirit of democracy the foundation want to recognize everyone's work in Tryton. So a specific status is available for people or companies active in the community: the supporter status. This body of people represents the Tryton community and will have some power over the board of directors.
In order to manage the day to day duties of the foundation and the nomination of new members a board of directors has been appointed. They are currently:
- Sergi Amacellas Abellana from Spain,
- Wolf Drechsel from Germany,
- Nicolas Évrard from Belgium,
- Cédric Krier from Belgium
- Jonathan Levy from United States of America,
- Korbinian Preisler from Germany,
- Pedro Luciano Rossi from Argentina.
Sergi Amacellas Abellana is the current president of the board.
The statutes of the foundation foresee the role of managing directors and administration delegates, depending whether they are members of the board or not. The current directors/delegates are:
- Cédric Krier from Belgium as Delegated Administrator,
- Nicolas Évrard from Belgium as Delegated Administrator.
The complete statutes of the Tryton Foundation are available electronically.